The Avocado - What an Amazing Food

Back in the 80s I was on a business trip to Oregon. My company had a big project and I had to be on site to direct management. That meant he was going to meet people who work in the workplace. There was a gentleman who led the engineering process group that I became friends with who also want to keep your body healthy and fit. We started running together and then dinner. One night I was in the kitchen looking at a food displays that were nailed to the wall . The poster was all about the evils of fat and how he had to be eliminated from your diet completely . The poster shows a picture of a lawyer and said that it was a useless piece of food you should never eat . I looked at this picture of the lawyer and I said, "I think not. How can you be worthless when it tastes so good I bet in a few years , science will catch up with God and find a great value in this little old lawyer . " At this stage of my life, I do not know much about food. Of course, I did not search the Internet had not yet fully manifested for public use . I was like everyone else , taking only what the "experts" said that through various channels . Today, we are all different whole foods and how our bodies need know , and not just a lawyer, but other sources of great fats to stay healthy and fit. What are other good sources of fat ? Good question. Many foods contain high fat O- mega - 3 that help our body. Fish, nuts and seeds , oils and some dairy products also benefit. In the category of fish for salmon , tuna, lake trout , mackerel and herring are an excellent source of fat and provide our body with essential fatty acids that can not be obtained through our diet. In the category of nuts and seeds , cashews are my favorite . Others are almonds, nuts and natural peanut butter do not forget . Some barely seeds to your diet are raw sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds ( grind together and buy these before using the best performance ) . They are able to provide their body a full range of healthy fats that are good for the heart. In the category of oil , my favorite is to use olive oil. Other good choices are the sesame oil, avocado, walnuts, canola oil and flaxseed oil . They contain mono- unsaturated fatty acids ( MUFA ) and are liquid at room temperature . Experiment with different oils with different foods to see which you prefer. My family just love dipping bread in walnut oil and balsamic vinegar mixed . This is a great snack after school and gets your brain ready for the task . In the dairy category , my favorite is the eggs. I like to eat two fried eggs with a little pam sunny side . I put on a piece of turkey sausage and a slice of bread on a regular basis. It does not seem to tire of having this for breakfast . Other foods are whole milk , cheese, and grass fed beef . If you shop local sources of these products will be higher in omega 3 and you get a higher profit. In my family , my husband is the primary customer of groceries and cook. He taught my four children to follow in their footsteps. My son # 2 is an expert to make a family favorite , guacamole. He made ​​sure to at least four of ripe avocado on your order . We all love when your guacamole dip is sitting on the table at dinner time .